Pages

Friday, October 25, 2013

Flip-It Friday: Dreams

I had a dream last night that I broke up an ex-boyfriend's marriage so that I could marry... her. His wife. I stole my ex-boyfriend's wife. WhatDaFoog?

In middle school I fancied myself an amateur dream interpreter. I would make up silly reasons for my friends dreams and sometimes I could hit the subconscious nail on it's subliminal head.

If I were to perform a self analysis on this one, I'd say that I was battling an identity crisis - a deep one - within my career. So deep that I'm deflecting it on my relationships and overall sexuality so that I don't have to look at how unhappy I am in my current job and how that reflects on my self esteem. I want to take parallels (traditional, current relationships and the present time) and make them perpendicular (countersexual, past relationships and past time).

I'm also introducing competition as a way of "winning" at something despite my "losing" career. See, this ex-boyfriend was/is in intellectual and I once beat him to the punch at taking our high school physics teacher to a school sponsored dinner in honor of high achieving students. I asked this teacher to attend as my honored guest before my ex could, just to spite him. I was not a physics wiz and this teacher and I had an unremarkable relationship. But the ex was a wiz and did have that relationship. I was just being competitive. And a spiteful ex. Even though I broke up with him. What's my problem?

[pause]

Or I have low iron and want a cheeseburger.

Analyze that slice of crazy, wontcha?

Have you had any weird dreams lately?