Pages

Friday, April 6, 2012

Flip-It Friday: A or B

Let's take this Friday really easy. I'll do my part by only making you choose between two choices: A or B.

A. Pink
B. Purple
I did a hot pink on my toenails and a lavender on my fingernails.

A. Tea and Downton
B. Red Bull and Hunger Games
I chose A. I don't like energy drinks (did you know a girl died from them!!) and am not into pop-lit or its subsequent films.

A. Tea and Red Velvet Cheesecake
B. Coffee and Red Velvet Cupcake.
I chose A. The tea is green and the cheesecake is red. I couldn't even eat it all!

A. Choose not to post a photo where your eyes appear glazed and droopy (allergies?).
B. Post that photo, despite how you look, cause it's your birthday and this is just how you LOOK.
I chose B. Unfounded confidence. Hey mom! Notice the birthday scarf? To keep my neck warm!?

A. Don't tell anyone it's your birthday and expect everyone to leave you alone.
B. Tell everyone it's your birthday and expect them to hand you the world on a string.
C. Don't tell anyone it's your birthday and expect them to hand you the world on a string anyway.
D. Don't tell anyone it's your birthday. Hope few good things happen. Try not to expect the world on a string. Be pleasantly surprised with surprises. Practice "Happy Birthday Week" instead of just one day.
D.

Thanks to my friends who knew and congratulated, sent SomeEcards, text and emailed. Thanks to my husband who enlisted the neighbors to make it special while he was away and told me to TreatYoSelf! after he got a Chase Bank alert that I spent some major dollars online shopping at ASOS.com. Thanks for the cake, the sidewalk chalk message and for depositing the flowers, Josie. Thanks to my family for the phone calls, texts, picture texts and giggles. Thanks to my dad and Maddy for helping me to reach my charity:water goal in the nick of time!

Tonight, hopefully, I round out the treat myself week with some awesomeness at Good Friday church service. I've had some very touching experiences the past few years on Easter weekend. Its not that it's a "treat" per say, but it does conclude my 6 weeks of being alcohol-free. It's a treat to know that I've sort of cleansed from that, hit a mini-milestone, and can have a glass of wine on Sunday if I want!

So, what are your A,B,C, or D choices? What are you doing for Easter? Did you give up anything for Lent?