What. To. Wear. To. Work.
I used to work in a construction office where I usually wore trousers while the rest of the crew wore jeans or coveralls. I was told I could "dress it down" more if I wanted to. I didn't want to.
Then I worked in a corporate office where my cute gladiator sandals were poo-poo'd on (I was young, so I didn't understand the 40+ common law "thou shalt not show all toes at once").
Now I work in a place where I think my outfitting fits just fine, but where some others (*cough cough* accounting!) could use some reminders.
What you can/should wear in my the office:
Jeans on Fridays
Jerseys if there is an event specifying so
Suits if you choose
Closed toed shoes
Skirts just above the knee or longer
A blazer with clients
What you CAN'T wear in my office (explicit or understood):
Leggings - at all! No matter how long your shirt is/how tall your boots are... even worse in some cases.
Flip-flops
Jeans on any other day than Friday
Jeans when you have a meeting with a client (even if that meeting is on a Friday)
Sandals
Sweatshirts
Is this strict? What are your workplace's policies? Do you wish they were more buttoned-up or laid back?