Growing up I threw a fit if I couldn't dress myself. One time I waltzed out of my bedroom, dressed for church, wearing all red (sock, headband, the whole shebang). I was promptly laughed back into my room by my parents.
(Not me, but I would have done this.)
I should have accepted help.
The holiday season requires even more from us that usual. Travel to orchestrate, family to mediate, crowded stores to navigate...
So the next time you are:
...texting and driving (don't!), hand the phone to your passenger.
...asked if you need anything from the store, just say "some tic tacs" even if you don't need them.
...offered a ride to the airport, accept it and give them your itinerary and a latte!
I get a real joy out of helping others - especially when its no skin off my back! Some of us wrap gifts better, are better with directions, are more social and willing to talk to Great Aunt Ruth about the depression for the 6th time - let us all specialize for the good of the group!
So if someone offers, let them. Then pay it forward and use your abilities to do something nice for someone else!