"Be open to change and gradual progression; not everything has to be perfect right when you start."
- Emily Schuman of Cupcakes and Cashmere, via The Everygirl
At a book signing. Because she wrote a book. I want her life. Patience.
When the Mr. and I started organizing our house, we also started daydreaming about design and decor for it. Shockingly (I kid, I kid), we have two different approaches to setting up a home.
He likes to getitalldonerightnow.
I like to take my time and shop around.
He likes to make decisions on budget alone.
I see quality as paramount.
He prefers simplicity.
I prefer unique, story-full pieces.
He's Ikea and Target.
I'm World/Flea/Farmer's Market.
See how this could be a conflict?
As most people do after a big move, we had Chinese takeout one night. One of the fortune cookies said something like:
"Persistence and determination will be rewarded."
Basically, stick to a plan and see it through. Be patient. You wont be sorry.
I promptly taped it up on the fridge (our fridge is not magnetized... I swear the Mr. did this to me on purpose... no quirky magnets!) to both remind us to enjoy the process, seek to meet both of our desires for designing a home (synchronously), and royally piss him off! In a loving way of course.
Now we take turns moving the fortune around. I found it in the silverware drawer a day or two later. It's now on his sink in the master bath. Mwahahaha!
