Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Tipsy Tuesday: Waiting for Home Delivery

Waiting for something to be delivered can be a pain. It's as convenient as waiting for the cable guy or a plumber. They give you a 4 hour window and then show up 20 minutes after the 4 hour window closes. OR if you are there for the majority of the time, they will show up during the 5 minutes you were in the shower or out back or, in my case, taking a jog around the block. 

Murphy wrote a loophole-less law, right there. 

So I've compiled a list of things to do at home while you are imprisoned by in-home delivery/service. 

  1. Dust the baseboards. If you have pets, this is something that should be done regularly.
  2. Prepare and cook an elaborate meal for dinner (something like this).
  3. Do some laundry.
  4. Scold the pets for things they probably do every day but you aren't around to see them do it. (Pet shaming, anyone?)
  5. Hand mop the bedroom floor in preparation for placement of a fancy-schmancy rug.
  6. Do not attempt to place the rug yourself because it's a 9x12 rug wooly beast that will crush you.
  7. Run a short run. But run hard to compensate for your limited time. Then come home and do your very first pushup... ever.
  8. Feel proud of yourself. And then ashamed that it was your first pushup ever. #ProudAshamed
  9. Dance around to T.I. Wonder if he's still in prison. Wonder if the neighbors can see you dancing around to T.I. Move further from the windows.
  10. Shower a quick shower for fear that you'll miss the delivery guy. 
  11. Continually look out of the peephole without prompt. 
Through the peephole.

A preview of our bedroom. iPhone photos don't do the blue justice!

Ok, ok. This is just a list of what I've done today. Oh, and I worked a bit too. 

Beverage pairing: Water after the run/dance party. Wine with the braised pork.
Song Suggestion: What You Know About That by T.I.