Pages

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Multitasking! Phone Dates

Last night I called my mom on the way home through the blue tooth in the car. I called my Grandmother through my earbuds on a walk with the dog (in the snow!). I called back a friend while I was in the bathtub.

Multitasking!

My friend and I took a brief hiatus on our phone call so that I could get out of the tub and so that she could check out at the store, but we then continued our call while she was driving home and I was cooking dinner.

Multi-freakin'-tasking!

It was so nice to catch up with family and friends while doing other things. Don't get me wrong, I love all of these people dearly, but I cannot stand being on the phone. It's my least favorite form of communication. I'd take in-person, texting, letter writing, etc. over the phone.

In fact, I hate the phone so much that I usually put off calling people until I am forced to. Or until I have a few minutes alone where I can't do anything else (yesterday's commute home, for example). This explains why I did all of my phone conversing at once. Getting two hours of phone chatting out of the way while driving, walking the dog, bathing and cooking was excellent.

Multitasking!