Kidlets, my head is heller-hurtin' and things have been craze at work.
My boss(es) are out, the merger is still in full swing, the company newsletter is due (and done, son!) and I just got asked to write a 2-inch binder full of jazz about a person I've never met. Like a book report where no one wrote the book yet. I'm telling you this just to give you context and update my parents. Hi dad!
Let me put the slang down and talk about love. Self Love.
I don't mean anything physical or egotistical. I mean take self respect and intensify it. Add some compassion.
People (no one) ask me all the time (never has happened) how I keep going (where?).
My one health-related motto is to
Be Kind To One's Self.
All diets, exercise routines, beauty regimens, skin care products- all philosophy on beauty and health- can be deduced down to being kind to your body.
Same for mental and emotional health.
Just ask yourself, "Is this kind."
Is having a bottle of wine all to yourself kind to your skin/liver/stomach/sleep/text message contacts?
Is slouching at your desk kind to your spine/neck/confidence?
Is eating that chocolate kind? Yes because it's dark chocolate and the endorphins/caffeine you get is worth it!
Is worrying kind?
Is self-doubt kind?
Is punishing yourself for forgetting your lunch kind? No, just go get a sandwich, girl! You have other fish to fry... on second thought, get fish tacos for lunch!
And for heaven's sake, don't use that Pinterest recipe for a detox bath and put epsom salts, tea tree oil, baking soda and eucalyptus oil all in the bath at once. You are weirdly allergic to the combination and it will make you feel like your tepid bath is a new form of "enhanced interrogation".
Not really a flip-it Friday, but I welcome the comments. How do you treat yourself well?
A nod to yesterday's post: