When I first saw this pin on Pinterest I thought "Hmm, maybe this would make a good dip for my housewarming party. I wonder what's in it and what you dip it with?"
Turns out its full of death and you dip into it with your bare, fat-shoveling hands.
No one asked me, but if they did, I would tell you that this is not a dinner:
1 lb. hamburger
1 pkg. taco seasoning
8 oz. sour cream
1 pkg. crescent rolls (8)
1 can tomato sauce
1 can diced tomatoes (optional)
1 c. shredded cheese
Dorito chips
via.
Sorry, Two Maids a Milking. I hope you get some pageviews from my hatin'.
Lemme break it down for you:
1 lb. hamburger - fatty meat
1 pkg. taco seasoning - full-o-sodium8 oz. sour cream - fatty dairy
1 pkg. crescent rolls (8) - these are not a real food (bleached flour, oils, preservatives)
1 can tomato sauce - tomatoes in cans = BPA?
1 can diced tomatoes (optional)
1 c. shredded cheese - wood cheese
Dorito chips - c'mon
All of these ingredients are "sometimes foods". All of these ingredients can be forgiven when put with other healthy foods like:
lettuce
ground lean meat
beans
whole grains
fresh tomatoes
ANYTHING GREEN :)
I know that people are over-sensitive about food these days. We are, as a nation, on both a path to obesity and a path to freaking out about everyone being obese. I know that if you look at any one food closely you can probably conclude that it will kill you - and quickly!
**
**
But don't these pins concern you?
When did crescent rolls become the foundation of so many foods? Is it the wonderful marketing of the Pillsbury people?
When did chips become a topping?
When did cooking for the kids (they "love" this recipe - big surprise!) become catering to them? (I don't have kids, feel free to lay into me on that one.)
What are your "sometimes foods"?