Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

Don't Call The Serbian Orchestra A Mariachi

The salon where I got my hair cut recently serves wine and beer in addition to the traditional choices of water, tea or coffee. I have water in my glass. Truth be told, I just wanted to use the glass.

I'm fairly certain that the salon was only slightly decked out for Halloween. There was a zombie baby sitting on a bench near me while I was getting my hair did. The stylist told me that the  blue, wild-eyed, infant with bones poking through his skin was a permanent fixture of the salon, not a seasonal delight. 

I do believe these are seasonal, though.

Sarah at Twisted Scissors did a great job with the new haircut. 

Then my MIL came into town and we headed to Merrillville, IN for this little diddy. 
Serbian Orthodox church

Serbian Orthodox church a Capella choir

Serbian Orthodox wedding crowns

The Mr.'s cousin got married. We were seated at an eclectic table and were the only ones not familiar with Serbian wedding traditions.

A brash woman explaining to us about the use of guns in celebration.
An old man who introduced himself as both "Ed" and "Ron" and would correct you with the other name when addressed.
A cop taught us how to smuggle open containers of wine home in our car... and swiped them from the head table for us!
All of them not shy in booing off the maid of honor when her speech dragged on or smacking the table a bit too loudly (picture bouncing silverware) when joke was made about someone's dancing.

In other words, my kinda people.

Maybe I'm Serbian?