I've been participating in some "office hours" presentations by a website called Levo League. The site is for professional women to connect and mentor one another. The more I listen to the senior women speak, the more I think I could contribute to the conversation as a mentor.
Maybe take a young grad under my wing and meet with them over coffee to discuss life, love and the pursuit of gainful employment!
Oftentimes the conversations are based on getting a job at all (as opposed to moving up in your career or growing your business, etc.). I know the target audience is young women straight out of college.
So if you were advising these young people, what would you say? How did you get your job? Is networking more important than your resume? What really got your employer on the hook?
I think I'll share what worked for me on upcoming Tipsy Tuesdays.
