Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

Flip It Friday: It's too early for the crazies

Let me usher us into the Memorial Day weekend by saying: What the freak is going on today!? Did the 90 degree heat scramble everyone's brains yesterday and we have yet to recover!?

Exhibit A
Imagine a Mortal-Kombat looking man (long, frizzy black hair, beard, chains, looks like his hay-day was the early 90's) saying Good Morning to you on the street-level, pauses to write you this personal note, follows you up to the train platform, mutters something about a show and then hands you this and asks you your name. In retrospect, I should have said my name was Ashley. Or Berta. Or Stevie. Anything but my real name. I am more haunted than flattered. 
 
Exhibit B
nails. Nails. NAILS. Photo captured by Mr. S.

And it's only 8:00 AM.

Last night was less weird. 


My company ran the Chase Corporate Challenge. It's 3.5 miles through downtown Chicago with 23,000 of your closest friends and coworkers! We won't with the whole shebang, but we are hoping to win a contest with one of our other offices who also runs this race (the Chase Corporate Challenge is run in many major cities around the world). I'm in the green and Mr. S is taking the photo.


Not an award-winning time, but a personal best for me (I was shooting to do it in 40 minutes). The whole race was 3.5 miles. That's the longest race I've run! (You may laugh.) Thanks goes to the Mr. for being a good pacer for me and not letting me give up!

Breaking news: This just in - a fellow coworked (not even in the race last night) brought me a doughnut from a new shop down the street to congratulate me on my run and celebrate Friday. It was lemon and it was gooood. 

I'll give you a choice of questions to answer this Flip-It Friday:

1) How do you avoid/handle awkward interactions with strangers or people that hit on you?
2) What is your favorite form of exercise (I hate running, so I'm open to suggestions)?
3) This isn't advice, but what's your favorite doughnut flavor?

Happy Memorial Day weekend, friends!