Friday, January 6, 2012
Flip It Friday: NBC's The More You Know (the more you're scared)
I'm reading Jack Abramoff's new book called Capital Punishment. After seeing the movie Casino Jack, based on the same Jack, and getting into his book, I feel that I can trust no one in authority.
Not that I knew enough about Tom Daley before to make a judgment on his character, but after 50 pages of Capital Punishment I'm think he's a Jack-A of another sort.
I feel that the more I watch food documentaries, or read about people who have no clean drinking water, or now that I work under some important VPs I just don't have faith in authority.
The people we trust to make decisions, the people we elect, the people we deem respectable are, in fact, abhorrent when held under a microscope.
Aren't we all, though? Talking with my brother about a post I put on my more personal blog (I know what you're thinking, "Doesn't she shed enough emotional skin on this site?!"), we discussed how everyone has baggage to carry and a shadow of past decisions to live next door to. Laying down on the floor may make the shadow go away, but it also makes you immobile.
Back to the point. If messed-up is normal and the people we see as superior are messed up, does that mean that it's ok because they are being normal?
Between my side reading, articles on NPR and the documentaries I watch on the weekends (for fun?! seeing a cow shot in the head and then drained of its blood... gag... fun?), I am seriously wondering about what humanity is up to.
Should our superiors be held to a higher standard or forgiven for their humility and supported for doing a hard job? Of whom are you skeptical?
I might post another FIF later as this one is heavy and disjointed.
