The Mr. and I are trying to make a point to go out to eat more. Rather, to date more. I usually like cooking at home but have not found joy in it lately. We also get so bogged down in the usual evening routine (walk dog, feed animals, walk dog, make dinner, work, watch the news, walk dog, clean up dishes/floors/laundry, bed) that we sorta don't connect with each other.
So last night, I returned to Andersonville with said Mr.
I was there on Tuesday buying art (see Instagram feed) and pastries. I thought it was so cute and we'd both been interested in returning to that fun little neighborhood (some say it's Uptown, some say it's Andersonville) ever since we attended a going away party at Hopleaf*.
So we did the trek in afternoon traffic to Big Jones. I had the shrimp and grits and Mr. had the salmon. I usually don't go for shrimp because of the "vein", but trusted this place to clean them properly. They did and I had a great, cheesy dinner. We both enjoyed cocktails. I'd recommend the Mr.'s drink to anyone. It had chamomile infused gin in it! (Not on the online menu.)
We were the sole patrons on their outdoor patio until another couple, celebrating their 30th wedding anniversary, joined us. They were given complimentary glasses of champagne but chose to give them to us as they weren't drinkers. So... cheers!
--
*I just now see that they have a 'no-kids' policy. Must remember that one for the next time I want to guarantee a baby-free date!
