Pages

Friday, June 28, 2013

No Maybe Here, Just Call Me Jane

It's not so happy that "Happy Endings" ended, but the final episode about these rag-tag group of Chicago friends was pretty perfect.

Watch the intro to see what I'm saying:


If you can't see it here or Season 3, Episode 23.

Still don't get it? I'm Jane.

See, throughout the rest of the series, Jane is seen as put-together and almost dominant. She has opinions and answers for everything. She is thoughtful and on-top-of-it. But the moment of impending older-sister-event turns her into a typical insecure middle child. 

Like in real life. 

Like in a family email chain when your sister is praised for responding with "great ideas" "so quickly" even though you responded first with less boisterous, self-serving ideas.  

Worried that my sister might see this and get mad? 

I'm not. 

She somehow has the time to write all-family emails and her. own. damn. blog., but has not visited mine in 2013. I know this as she says she doesn't "have time".