the new steve jobs movie: jOBS
I might like it, but it might also make me mad.
I also feel like Kutcher is just using Kelso's wardrobe. But that might make me like it more.
Did I ever tell you that the Steve Jobs biography just made me mad? Not that the writing was bad - overly technical for too long, maybe, but not bad.
The character of Jobs - whether real or exaggerated - was the issue.
We love his stuff. I get it. I'm an iUser too, so I can't hate.
He got wonderful results out of everyday and extraordinary people "but at what cost?" I ask.
Lost mutual respect from designers.
Stolen ideas.
Absent from his family.
Rude to his friends.
Abusive to his employees.
Not to mention the environmental and social cost of smartphones.
But dammit if I can't text/email/call/words-with-friends the shit out of my day!
I don't know I'm being a hypocrite or if "you can't beat 'em, join 'em" is my battle cry.
I also can't tell if this is a real post (long week, weird dreams, tough workdays, higher dosage of melatonin), I just know that I have feelings on this movie that stem directly from who I was introduced to in Walter Isaacson's book.
And I know I had to take the jacket off of that hardback because jackets are cumbersome and JE-ZUZ that face is huge!
