I got the flu and only needed 2 days off of work. Here's how I did it.
1) Sleep until you cannot sleep any more, then take a melatonin and go to bed at 8 PM.
2) Drink water, juice, any fluids you can stomach (not alcohol or caffeine as they interrupt your sleep)
3) Take a multivitamin with your chicken noodle soup (so as not to upset your stomach).
I'm baffled by how many adults continue to carry out their normal lives when their sick. They take some tylenol and then carry on like nothing's wrong. Meanwhile, they infect others and take 2x longer to get well.
I know taking time off of work is not possible for everyone. And I know that taking time out from life is not always possible either. Single moms with pets and full-time jobs? Hats off to you!
I'm thankful for my husband and family and flexible job that allowed me to stay in bed and eat soup and sleep 12 hours a day in order to get well. I had incredible help and options and that's really what got me well :)
For pictures, you can see my annoying instagram on the right ----->>>>