Pages

Friday, September 7, 2012

Flip-It Friday - More on Floors with a Bonus Feature of Shame

Source: dwellstudio.com via J on Pinterest

So what do you think of this one? It's on super-sale.

I probably wont get it as it's a thin rug and not plushy-plush. Thanks for your input though.

---

Good, now that we got that out of the way.

I want to talk to the kids for a minute. I want to talk to them about smoking their future.

I got into a political discussion this morning - before 8 AM. It was not heated or angry but we certainly all weren't in agreement on big issues. It was good, save for one thing.

One of us had NO CLUE what she was talking about.

I've been known to spout my mouth when I'm under-informed. I admit it. We all do it sometimes.

But when you don't recognize the current Vice President of The United States when he comes on TV, take that as a sign to start gettin' learned.

Meet Joe. He may offend you, but he's kinda a big deal.

Now, I'm trying to learn to limit my verbal opinions (bet you can tell where I stand, though). I'm trying to not use this blog as an outlet* for my view on the hot topics. I try to lead in with pictures of rugs and questions of "do you like this one?" I make myself sick sometimes with the level of blogger bull I re-purpose just for some pageviews.

Does that drive you nuts, too?

I can't tell what makes me crazier: The fact that I am pandering to a short-attention-spanned, vane, blind-follower, Kardashian-concerned, idiot race of my peers... or that I'm substituting that for what I care about.

Basically, am I more concerned that I am becoming accustomed to lowbrow interests? Or that my peers are that low in the first place.

Don't worry. I'm not calling you lowbrow (although I do think you should educate yourself). I think I'm calling myself a sell-out.

Microphone drop. Hangs head in shame.

---
*This blog used to be an outlet. I could say whatever I wanted to here when no one was listening. Then my dear husband gave the URL to his dear mother (unsolicited... how apropro) and I decided the cat was out of the bag and distributed my blog to family and friends. I wonder all the time if I should have just kept it secret. A diary or wailing wall, if you can imagine.