Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Do Church!

You look around the crowd at the DNC and see hands up, hands folded or eyes closed.

The Mr. asked me why it looked like so many people had their eyes closed during the most boisterous moments in the most anticipated speeches.

It's because white people attend a service... but black people 'Do Church!'

I just love it!




I'm not racist. (I've been to a black church. The only time I've played hookie from work was to attend a socially minded, race-focused conference.) Calm down, people. Its just an observation. When was the last time you heard a white person say "Amen" or raise their hands? Its cool to see people so in. to. it.

What did you all think of Bill Clinton's speech?

It certainly went long, he cherry-picked some facts according to NPR, but he really brought some serious discussion to the "circus" of the DNC. Personally, I tweeted that Clinton "put that speech in a bucket and kicked it to the moon".