Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

The Sanity Sucking Siren of Summer

The hot pink circles are weekends out of town, the green are in-town activities, the pink/purple notes are my revelations about how little free time we have and the black is censorship/general scribbling/tentative things. 


If all goes as planned:

- We'll be out of town 5 weekends in a row, spending 40 hours in a car and ~11 hours in an airport/plane.
- I'll get my 6 miles in this week, but I'll be rushing it. (I had to schedule my gym time this Friday... I've never had to write it into my schedule before.)
- I won't gain stress/travel/party-junk-food weight
- We'll see some houses we like (for buyin', ya'll!) or at least not get discouraged if we don't like the houses we do see.
- I will get 8 hours of sleep a night and still have time to do my hair >4 days a week. Weekends be damned for hair maintenance.
- I'll make it through August with a little over a day of PTO left, a working car (she's hanging on... by a spark plug!), and an intact marriage. Car trips are either really smooth or horribly awful for us/the car/morale.

Do you guys feel the summer siren luring you in with her warmth and vacations only to rob you blind of all your free time and energy?

We are doing just fine when it comes to managing our time, so far. The Mr. encourages me to take a short-term look instead of a long-term look at the calendar to keep from being overwhelmed. Every time I pull my head out of the sand, though, I regret it!

If you don't hear from me tomorrow for a Tipsy Tuesday, let it be known that I am not just sitting on the couch, twittling my thumbs! My tip for being busy in the summer? Keep an updated, clean, shared calendar with those who need to know. And keep an upbeat attitude.