Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Thoughts for Thursday: Don't Get Defeated/There Will Be Swearing/FIVES



This image is from Pinterest, but I saw it first on & Everything Nice.

This inspires me.

When people tell you you can't, but you are confident that you can, who do you believe? Is silence worse than a tear down?

I've been faced with the revelation that maybe not everyone has faith in me. Let that sink in. I used to think that I was capable of nearly anything (you know, within reason) and that everyone understood who. I. was. But my font line seems to have pulled back a few paces.

Now before anyone leaves an encouraging comment or denounces their involvement in this self-esteem blow, stop. I don't need your sympathy.

(*Puffed chest. Cape waving in the wind.)

Any man who's one thing is a boring thing. Fives to those who are multifaceted. To those who use both their left and right brains. To those who can sing and do math. Do a Rubik's cube and design an outfit. Write poetry and form an opinion on the economy. Big ol' FIVES.