Pages

Friday, July 15, 2011

Flip-It Friday: Call It! The Time Of Dating Death

Sometimes when a fresh relationship goes sour, its obvious. The stench of unreturned texts. The wrinkles of impenetrable schedules. The mold of "It's not you, it's me."!!

Other times, we stand waiting for the wagon and it never comes.



via

*cough, cough*

Now that I have all the analogies out of my system, let's discuss how you know when a dating relationship is dead in the water.

Do you call it when someone can't make for you 4 weekends in a row? Are they really that busy?

Do you call it when their same-sex-outings (a la "girls night") take over prime time Friday AND Saturday? Or are they just a really good, popular friend?

How many days (or weeks) do you let pass without a text/call/face-to-face?

Do texts even count?*

Tell me your thoughts. Tell me your stories. Tell me if you are currently in limbo!

*I had a guy ask me out via text and I kept acting like I didn't know what he was talking about. I certainly did, but text? Really? He finally put in all-caps-texty-shouting "I'M TRYING TO ASK YOU OUT ON A DATE". I told him I got that, but would it kill him to pick up the phone? Apparently it did. The texting tapered off. I called it. Time of death? When all wooing was lost in texty translation.