Pages

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Jenny Lawson would say this "Is Not A Real Post"

Jenny Lawson, people. Get at it!

Anyway, this is not a real post. Its a short something that's on my mind.

Why I Post Ugly Photos Of Myself

I am guilty of posting cute photos of myself on social media too. And I am guilty of using Instagram filters to make myself look better. And I'm guilty of taking down photos of myself where my chin looks too long or my forehead too high. *cough* horseface *cough*.

But I read this article yesterday (thanks, Facebook Friend(s), who always posts thoughtful articles) and it reminded me of why I committed to just let it go when every other photo of me is unflattering.

Because life is unflattering. Sometimes even the most glamorous people look un-glam. I want to be authentic.

And I'm probably too lazy to be my own glam police.

The truth is the closer I get to 30, the more I think "Yeah, this is alright. You look like, put together! That's wonderful!" The pale skin or lumpy middle takes a backseat to "at least not ALL of my hair is graying!" And even if it were, at least I don't have saggy cheeks. And even if I did, at least I have all of my limbs. And even if I didn't at least I can still see and talk and feed myself. And even if I couldn't at least I can think. And even if I couldn't even think at least I'd be without the reference point for misery. WIN!