The Mr. and I took a long weekend to go south for the pre-winter. We spend over 3 days with my parents and their big, fenced-in, bunny/mole/chipmunk-filled back yard. 'Twas dog-heaven!
My brother joined us for two days and some whiskey-ciders.
I put a cinnamon apple garnish on his drink with an accidental middle-finger outline.
He made an appropriate face.
We got to take Roo with us which was nerve-wracking for her inclination to car-puke and her somewhat tenacious play. He did fine on both and my family's dog, Dilly, was so patient. Here she is napping. In Roo's bed. With a pillow on her.
Here they are both napping. Roo loved being part of a pack. She weaseled her way into a cuddle at any chance she got. Dilly was again patient, although she was not as thrilled for the head-to-head cuddles. So cute it needs to be the largest photo.
Here the Mr. is with a gun.
Lord.
We did end up target shooting later that weekend.
I smoked 'em!
These targets are hanging up in my office and I can't wait to show my highly conservative bosses my accuracy and versatility with a 1911 Sig Sauer, a revolver (Dad can comment with the make) and a bolt-action Browning.
Right AND left handed.
Boom.
Thanks for the
dog play,
black coffee,
dutch apple pie (I ate more last night even thought I wasn't AT ALL hungry!),
campfire meat,
laughing at the stupidest things,
shootin' the metaphorical breeze,
deer sightings,
shooting the literal rifle range,
apple cider,
talks during football/baseball/movies,
later nights,
sleeping in,
muddy boots,
government shutdown distraction,
tennis ball,
naps,
and twin beds :)