The
"Between the cab drivers and NPR being on their pledge drive, I bet you aren't having much fun."
He laughed. I laughed. We arrived. He opened the door. I got out looking confidently confused in black tights and high-waist-ed shorts (What character was I playing? Maybe a chic hipster who wears the same designer shorts year round and only adds/removes layers.) I joined an already cramped, already drunk group around an array of special drinks with special equipment to boot.
I got The Luau which is ginny-liquor over frozen dippin-dots made from green tea.
And the Ford's Model Tea which is a booze medley served in a tea cup next to a clear glass pot of bergamot on dry ice. The pot being "not for drinking, just for aromatics."
They took the pot of dry ice away from our boisterous table (as well as a tall North American reed from another person's drink), others took the check, I took a seat in another black car and arrived home to a very normal, yellow-cab-n-cubed-ice life feeling very silly in my black shorts... and very fun!
