Pages

Friday, August 16, 2013

Bikers for Babes and an Update

Happy Friday.

Here is this awesome story about leather-n-grommet bikers who protect and stand for abused children. I nearly started crying in the car at 7 AM today.

Lately I've been emotionally absent from this blog. You've read a lot of fluff articles or things I didn't write/produce. Sorry if you've felt neglected. I can't say that there's a good reason for this withdrawal, just that I am busy-ish.

I've been struggling to keep it together at work. There's a lot of change happening in that area and I've waffled between wanting to be a warrior and wanting to get out of the way. I'm in warrior mode now, so there's that.

The Mr. has to be into the office earlier sometimes and since we carpool, that means I get into the office early too. Yesterday I was in a full 2 hours before my first call.

And Roo-babe doesn't know what sleeping in is. Regardless of what time we go to bed, she jumps on our bed at 5:30 and then waits to jump on our faces at 6 AM. It could be worse, but some days those extra 15 minutes that I could get (my alarm is set for 6:15/6:20) would be my hero.

We've entertained a lot, which is usually fun. I only find myself near-panic about 5% of the time when we have people over. So that's good.

Oh, and yeah, I've been struggling with anxiety.

I've had a hard time sleeping and sometimes even breathing. I'll get weepy-eyed for no reason and find myself taking shallower and shallower breaths. I have tried meditation, yoga, tea, voodoo, breathing exercises, real-life-running exercises, etc. Nothing can really get me to breath normally when the anxiety happens. I just have to keep telling myself that I'm not actually dying and that it'll pass.

Achy, moody, hungry, boozy, I'm like an adult Dr. Seuss book. But instead of pictures there are gifs of me waving my arms and passing out. And no, I'm not pregnant. And yes, I'm sure I'm not.


All of my biggest fears and questions about life and how everything is supposed to work and what I worry about daily...
I want to see this movie.