Pages

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

You're a Bad Friend If...


  1. You only initiate a hang out when you need something (money, a favor, etc.)
  2. You always offer to hang out but offer no specifics (date, time, activity, etc.) and then always have to "get back to me".
  3. You invite me to a pricey affair after a lot of friendship silence (like >1 year) and think that constitutes a sincere effort to reconnect. 
  4. You invite me to hang out and then ignore me in group settings where I know no one. 

NOTE: I've done all of these things. I'm guilty. I've been a bad friend before to various people. And I'm sometimes a hard friend to have. Between my anti-social behavior, inability to adjust to life changes and weird self esteem, I am a handful of basketcases. I'm just putting this out there as a sort of Litmus of Friendship so I can easily spot some no-good-friendships before I start blaming myself entirely for their downfall. 

Signed,
Bitter In Chicago
---


Dear Bitter,

Get over yourself.

Love,
Dear A**ey