I have no luck with blue. I should totally break up with blue.
We picked out this lovely navy to paint our bedroom walls and when we were halfway through the room and the light hit it just right we realized it was not the shade we picked out, but rather, our runner-up shade and one that we excluded for good reason and we decided to just "love" the bastard color anyway and paint on like we chose that awful blue on purpose...
[gasp].
And yesterday when my blue rug showed up and I covered my mouth in awe, the Mr. had no reaction which is still a reaction and I started second guessing my choice like "Dear God please don't let me have accidentally bought the Kim Kardashian* of patterns in the most influencing piece of decor in the apartment!"
[chevron]
After drawing it out of him like a funny bone in the game Operation (with careful precision, but not without being 'zinged'), he said:
"Does that blue match?"
Because we gave up swearing for Lent, I'll say this: Ffniiihgnsignion;wid&*$%.
My actual reaction: "Matching is for people with no imagination."
Then I hurried off to Pinterest and Furbish Studio and MFAMB to make sure that the pattern I ordered was indeed herringbone** and to find examples of a collective look.
Cause I'm full of imagination. And insecurity.
* popular for no reason, overdone, I-hope-it's-on-its-way-out-soon
** UPDATE - It's totally chevron. I'm a hypocritical idiot.
** UPDATE - It's totally chevron. I'm a hypocritical idiot.