Pages

Friday, November 16, 2012

Flip-It Friday: Sincerity

What up kidlets? Hanging like meat in a cooler, I bet. And that meat is a 25 pound turkey.

November. I hear we aren't the only ones who will/have already attend(ed) a friends Thanksgiving party this month.

Friendsgiving is what they are calling it.

The host generally cooks the main meat and the friends bring wine and sides.

We brought white (wine) and green (zucchini). Not traditional, but white goes with poultry and green goes with anti-dia-beetus. Win, win, winE.

Then, as all guests are required to write what they are thankful, the pen is flicked from my hand.

I promise to not write anything sarcastic. Or sexual. Or rude.

I am not believed.

"Seth can write for the both of you."

Say whhaaaa? I can't be thankful for blood kin. Or boners. Or anti-dia-beetus.

C'mon.

No dice. Only sincerity allowed. Put the pen down, gather your shoes from the shoe-pile and leave with someone else's serving utensil.



I decided that sincerity has a (albeit small) place in this world. Wedding vows. Deathbeds. Lifetime movies. (Even all of those could lighten up).

And if people aren't willing to laugh at cancer, pink slips, traffic, dog poop and reverent holidays, then they's be not my peeps.

Ya heard?