Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Tipsy Tuesday: When You're Tired, Just Sleep Less (A cautionary tale)

Le sigh.

The Mr. had a minor set-back in his healing (from deviated septum surgery) that has left me tired and nursey-no-likey-the-patient.
I had to stay home with him yesterday and its thrown my whole week off.

In order to be prepared to give a presentation to the owner of our company tomorrow (basically proving to him that I do my job, NBD) and make up for time I missed yesterday, I came in early today.

Like, before even the early birds.

Like, before the parking lot I use started charging full price. ($6 parking - holla!)

Like, before my building is even unlocked or has the lights on.

So. Early.

I was trucking though. I got everything done. I answered 3 obscure questions non-related-to-my-department, several that were related, had one conference call to discuss the downfall of my biggest project/catastrophe, and finished my presentation in time to decide to change directions and then rework and finish it again!

PleaseIgnoreTheAboveIfItDoesn'tMakeSense.

AND yesterday, while the Mr. was getting his day-time rest (daytime rest for me you ask? no... haha... no...), I got ahead on some work I could do while at home unexpectedly AND made some damn pumpkin muffins.

I used this recipe but of course said 'to heck'/'be gone' to strict ingredients.

No yogurt.
Add Banana.
Regular sized muffin tin.
Bake longer.
Measuring is for sissies!

And without reading the above, I'll trust that you get a feeling of angst and dread at me being awake any longer. Just me then?

I give. Maybe MORE sleep is better.

Here. Have this picture as an apology.

From Peter Pan, here.