We always laugh at the stupidest things, play Goof (a card game in which my 90 yr old Grammy will give you a run for your money), and sometimes get a chorus of Kumbaya going! It sounds super hokey, and it usually is, but its good clean fun and no one can argue with it. Its one of the most positive, jovial bunches of people you'd ever hang out with.
This week's work productivity is questionable, but I did finally get my office art framed (I framed it myself) that I ordered from Fab.com. Now I just need to get some wire/twine to hang it with.
What do you think?
The smaller of the two is a print of some bunnies in a boat in a storm. I liked the colors and thought they worked well with the Chicago poster. I also thought the bunny one was a good metaphor for one's career: tempestuous, fantastical, optimistic, darwinistic, and a little bit cute.
My advice when decorating your office: keep is chic, don't clutter your space, choose mostly gender neutral additions (call a bunny a rabbit and bam, it's manly!), have a few discussion pieces, don't offend anyone (That means you, Christians. A piece of scripture pinned to a bulletin board is fine; a crucifix over the door is not. Let your actions show you are Christ-like.).
Beverage pairing for this long family weekend? Summer shandies for those who imbibe; O'douls for those who don't.