I resolved to run/walk/hike 5 miles a week. Might seem like that's not a lot, but for me it was like going from 0 to 60. I am not interested in being athletic. Although I'm naturally pretty small, I was getting soft and doughy and needed to make a change.
I debated sharing this because I know that there are tons of people out there who are more fit than me and also those that are less fit. I didn't want to brag and I also didn't want to appear to be bragging over a few measly miles. But I'm nothing if not awkwardly honest, so let's proceed.
This week I reached some new personal bests. They may not seem difficult to anyone else, but I earned every. last. bead. of. sweat.
I ran my fastest 3 miles (in 29 minutes!) and my longest run ever (4 miles!).
And I plan to keep going. I now resolve to run/hike (not walk!) 6 miles a week and consistently go over that. A few weeks ago I did 9 miles in a week and this week I'm going to do 8. I also have upped the weights I use for strength training (using the 15 pounder ones now - take that 8 lb weights!).
progress
So how about you? What did you resolve to do? Did you keep your resolution going? Are you making any new promises to yourself?
---
So I used to be doughy:
Now I'm really cookin':
Sorry for the bad jokes, but I also made this bread. I found the recipe on Pinterest and it's seriously easy, but did does take some time for the yeast to proof. Make the dough a day before you need the bread so it can rise. My sister asked for the recipe, so here it is! Mine is made with sage from my friend B.Lill's garden and a 3-cheese blend.
And if anyone cares, here's a hair update. My natural curl is coming through. I'm still learning how to do my hair with it's new texture. I do like this style though. Last night I washed it, combed a light mousse through it and let it air dry. I slept on the waves and then took a hot curling iron to a few wayward ones this morning to take some of the bed-head out of it. Really easy.