Pages

Friday, April 27, 2012

Flip It Friday: What Grinds Your Gears When You Fly?

I wrote this post a while back (warning: includes sarcasm and hatred of loud crowds!). It was my 2nd most popular post and is about being courteous in public spaces.

Since that was a relative hit, I thought I should get your thoughts on what makes a courteous flight traveler?

Do you go out of your way to be kind to people when you travel (i.e. Tell the flight attendants your needs all at once instead of making them run back and forth for 2 waters, peanuts and an airsick bag.? Do you wear slip on shoes so you don't have to be the one holding up the conveyor belt at either end of security? Do you refuse to fly with your children because you know there is a 95% chance they will scream the whole time?

Are you a total jerk and listen to your music too loudly, talk too much, get drunk before you even get on the plane, get up from your window seat 3x to use the restroom, call the flight attendant over during turbulence to ask a million questions, allow your child to run all over the plane and scream (heck, flying with a kid at all!), take up both armrests, carry-on your upright bass and put it in the seat next to you (totally happened on our flight yesterday), etc.

How courteous are you when you fly?

---
S and I had a lovely delayed honeymoon in Napa county wine country. We were gone for 5 days, saw a ton of vineyards, wine-tasted, ate too much, had dessert, spent a day at a spa, walked around charming towns where everyone was so nice, and even got a tour of a castle. It was so fun. I have found my vacation niche: wine-tasting and spas. I plan to post pictures and more information about it on my personal blog soon.