So it should have come as no surprise when I quit my job out of the blue. I'm a solid quitter.
via, but I made an edit.
Even as some people in my life are struggling with their job happiness, I am optimistic for them. I think, "Yeah, you can hang onto that until your next raise/promotion/holiday." How eye-opening it is to see all of the reasons we won't quit.
Quitting for me was a gut-thing. I did it because I was tired and strung out and it was just the right time. Not everyone should quit when the going gets tough. And don't get me wrong, being unemployed was no cake-walk. I had to call on a lot of support from my family and friends to get me through. But I also got to take a step back and figure out what was best.
Some of you may use the points in the "quitting article" to spur you forward into action. You may ask for a raise, host a meeting with your boss to discuss your responsibilities, even ask for help. This might just give you some comfort to keep trudging through, knowing that other people are having an equally hard time. It might, also, help you realize that you may not have it that bad at work.
Don't be self-entitled (oh hey, America!), don't be rash, but also don't sell yourself short.
Pep-talk over.
