(Frankly, I don't know the difference and I'd be ashamed of myself for Googling it. Not because I'm ashamed not to know, but rather because I'd be ashamed I cared enough.)
The topic of going to Disney as an adult has come up more than once in conversation with my peers.
There's a guy at work who has no children and he and his wife go with a group of adult friends and have a good time. On our recent Nicaragua trip, our travel buddies said they know adults who've gone for years - with or without children.
I personally cannot stand the thought of doing that. All those kids. All the street people dressed up in costume and wanting to hug you. Awful.
Did I mention my biggest fear is street performers/being pulled on stage by a comedy act?
![]() |
| Please don't touch me or pick me out of a crowd. |
I say, "F-that".
They say, "But Disney".
I laugh at their silly joke-of-a-suggestion and then droop my face into a frown when I realize they don't get the joke. They're serious.
People rave about the food, rides, shows, weather, fun,
Have you "done Disney"?
So which party do you fall into? Disney-as-an-Adult or Thank-You-Southwest-Stewardess-For-The-Free-Cocktails-on-the-Way-Home-From-OrLahnDoe. (footnote)
(footnote a line later) Mr. S and I had to attend a Pakistani wedding in Or-lahn-doe last year and we seemed to be the only non-child-riddled people on the flight so to help us cope with the screams and tantrums she brought us free cocktails. Bless her!
