Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Tipsy Tuesday: Baby It's Cold Outside So Get a Merm.

Chicagoans must have a proper coat (or several) to make it through winter alive. This morning I saw frost on the car windows and thought that now is the time to do the coat post.

I have a merm and I swear by it. Urban dictionary did not help me out on determining what a merm is, or at least backing up my current understanding. (Isn't that why any of us use a dictionary? To back up our own interpretation?

Merm is short for mermaid and can mean a number of terrible things according to urban dictionary. But for the purpose of the coat chat, let's determine that it means a long coat that sorta binds your legs together like a mermaid's tail. Let's now use it in a sentence.

"The woman ran in short steps to catch her train because of her merm."

or

"I can go to the party in this dress without tights because my merm will keep me warm from head to ankle."

Get the picture? Well here's some pictures:

Pea Coats are professional.


Capes are classy.

But the merms are marvelously mmm-mmm warm.

This one could stand to be even longer!


Get the idea? More coat is more warmth.


Drink pairing: Hot cider with cloves and cinnamon. Unprocessed cider, preferably, heated on the stove with some citrus like fresh OJ.