Pages

Friday, September 23, 2011

Flip-It Friday: What's Bringing You Joy?

I wouldn't describe myself as a very joyful person. I like sarcasm and playing the antagonist sometimes. So maybe I am joyful, but not in a traditional sense. I handle tough situations better than happy ones because I know how deep grief can go and I like to be someone to go there with a person. I'm an encourager.

All cryptic rambling aside, I think humor is the best medicine. That and time. So while you're waiting to feel right as rain, what keeps your spirits up? I love dry humor. Or humor at someone's expense. Of course, not crude humor, but the kind of stuff that you could laugh about with your family. Or the kind of "high-brow" humor that's resting in Andy Rooney's eye caterpillars :)



Ever since the urging of rough-'round-the-edges high school English teacher and my dad, I've wanted to be a humor writer. Dave Barry to be exact. Although I've also loved Mr. Rooney and Bill Geist. All have a place in my heart and my back pocket as guaranteed laughs, elbow nudges and relatability.



So, what gets you laughing? What brings you joy?

 *** I was going to write a personal post for today's Flip-It Friday with a special homemade video. Considering the week I've shared with some friends over a sudden, serious, traumatic illness of a friend, I wanted to focus on something joyful. More on everything later. And look forward to that video... trust me, it will be interesting!!