Friday, August 12, 2011
Flip-It Friday: "Forgiveness...Is More Than Saying So-rry."
Bahahaha! I can't help myself. Just Friends is most likely my favorite movie Ev-Ah!! Even just watching part of that clip makes me smile like an invalid. If people would still hang out with me if I acted like Samantha James, I would. In fact, I think I do occasionally act like S. James. I just need the fame to back me up.
Sigh. What was I doing...?
Oh.
Blogging a Flip-It Friday.
So, how do you say you're sorry? Do you lead with gift? (i.e. flowers, candy, a song??) Do you email them? Text? Sit down with them eye-to-eye?
Do you even say the words "I'm sorry" or do you skirt it by saying other nice things to pacify the situation like "I don't want to fight" or "Let's just drop it".
Are you the type of person who holds out until the other party apologizes first? Do you apologize even when you feel you weren't wrong?
I heard a quote that was something to the effect of: I don't apologize because I was wrong, I apologize because I value our relationship more than I value being right.
I have a hard time saying I'm sorry, but have gotten a bit better over the years. I struggle with pride and apologizing requires you to put your pride aside. I still struggle though.