Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

How to Safely and Effectively Clean Your Tights

Wear them in the shower.

Well, not exactly, but do shower with them.

If you put your tights or hose in the washer by themselves, it can be a real waste of water. If you put them in the washer with other things, they can be torn or stretched. You can put them in a hosiery-safe sack, but how can you be sure that they are getting the water circulation they need to be really clean.

One should never put hosiery in the dryer. (eh-hem, my husband-to-be)

The soap you use on your body should break down any dirt and oil (just like it does for your body) and not stretch or shrink your tights like a traditional washing machine does. Hang them over the side of the tub, the curtain rod or a hanger to dry.

Sorry to any male readers I have as this only applies if you are doing a woman's laundry or occasionally like to cross dress and wear tights. If I were a crossdresser, I'd never wear tights.