Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

I wonder if drunk people ever try to "santa" down a chimney...?

This past weekend my Father in Law (FIL) asked my Mr., in front of me, if he ever got sick of my positive attitude. I piped up saying, "You and I are more alike than you know!"*

See, he doesn't read this blog. He doesn't know how much I complain on here. Just like you guys might not know how much I am really positive in real life.

So I decided to tell you what I DO like for once.

Twitter jokes. Brevity + Humor = Speaka-muh-language.
Flat shoes. Marrying a short man and living in a walkable city means that ditching the heals is a welcome necessity.
My job. This is the first job I've ever really liked.

My life overall right now.

The Mr. and I are keeping an eye on one of our neighbor's places while they're away getting married and said couple has roof access. They have a cool built-out deck area and gave us the OK to jump up there while they were gone.

Last night after getting home from a fast weekend away (thanks for coming out, Berta!), we got the neighbor's mail and decided to check out the roof while delivering it. A storm seemed to be approaching from all directions but the winds were low and the air still warm. We stayed outside until the drops were fat enough to make you blink, taking in a complete 360 view as the tallest building nearby with roof-access. A beautiful local church steeple, smoke stacks on renovated warehouses turned lofts, and The Sears Tower all seemed our peers. We felt a little Fiddler. A little Mary Poppins. Or maybe I was the only one who felt I could break out into song. But being up on the roof, being unparalleled reminded me of how wonderfully, simultaneously alone and together I can be in a city of millions.


---
*He's a glass-half-full kinda guy... but there's acid in his glass and he's being water boarded with it.