Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

Did Daylight Savings Slap Anyone Else Awake This Morning

'Cause, guh. I'm not on the horse yet.

So I'm reading about getting in the right frame of mind.

A few rules of storytelling from Pixar:

"Simplify. Focus. Combine characters. Hop over detours. You’ll feel like you’re losing valuable stuff but it sets you free."
This is why I maintain that every good writer is made by through editing.

From here. Originally seen here.

---

This past weekend the Mr. and a friend hung our new chandelier over our dining room table (See Instagrams to the right on this page). It took them, GodBlessIt!, 7 hours to hang. They are smart cookies though and got the job done against all odds*.

Part of the way through the process were were joking about just up-and-moving to leave the holes in the ceiling and the half-hangin' chandy to the next owner. There was a mega-home down the street available with a separate nanny-quarters and lush courtyard. It reminded me of how much I loved day dreaming about buying too-much-too-'spensive-homes. Some gems in the Chicago:

TV in the shower, next to the tub

Making white cabinets look good

Frank-Lloyd Oh-So-Wright

Wine Cellar



*I like the chandelier, but the craftsmanship was really shotty. Just and FYI in case anyone else is looking to purchase a piece from Shades of Light, a company based in Virginia.