Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Quotes for the Past Week

My husband's dear grandfather passed away last week. He was 87, married, father of three, Republican, gardener, skeptic and full of dry wit. He and Grandma Kate are two characters from two very different, but well-loved novels, I think.

Here are some quote from the weekend, all from my husband's Grandmother:

"I hope you'll be warm enough tonight. I'll leave the thermostat at 79." - Grandma Kate

"Did your aunt tell you I got hit by a van?"

Before doing a swig of whiskey in Grandpa's honor at the funeral home: "Well, if I choke to death here, I'm in the right place."

"You know, the neighbor across the street is a sex offender."

And here is one quote about the weekend:

“I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited.” - Sylvia Plath

Fly, be free Grandpa Stu.