His comment from this blog post:
"Having been around for a couple of these holiday things and having been part of all of yours I can say they are stressful and very difficult to please everyone but as a whole some fond memories are to be had it always seems to work out and there are plenty of people less fortunate. Sunday after two days on my feet and feeling kind of sore I checked in a gentlemen's deer who [the man] was suffering greatly from some issue that he could hardly walk and when I offered to help he said that he could make it and that there were plenty of others in worse shape, kind of made my sore knee problem seem real small. Also enabled me to finish my day with a little more energy. Continue with the gift idea, promote local, green, consumable, reading etc... pa"From his comment you might gather that he works an outdoorsy job ("checking in a deer" means that deer done got hunted!), so how fitting that the next theme for gifts under $25 is for outdoorsy people.
I could just give you a few stores (Lands End, L.L. Bean, Gander Mountain, Bass Pro Shop) and let you go wild (zing!), but I've put a bit more thought into it.
I mean, how embarrassing if you were to buy a saltwater trolling motor for a guy who lives in the Midwest. (hint: so embarrassing! Cause there's no ocean near Indiana and that's over $25.)
Rain Jacket
Fancy on-the-go purifying water bottle.
A field guide for their region or area of interest.
Binoculars to make their kid or grandkid outdoorsy!
Earth DVDs, for when the outdoorsman is laid-up or the weather is too harsh to experience nature first hand.




