Pages

Friday, October 19, 2012

Flip It Friday: I blame Oprah

Why is everybody so paranoid?

Bloggers worry about telling their blog-audience when their spouse is out of town.
Suburbanites worry about people stealing their mail.
Old people think that Facebook is a fad that invites criticism.

(Warning: 90's reference to follow.)

News Flash!

Your husband can't fight off a bandit with a gun. If someone wants to steal your fiestaware, they are going to do it.
The neighborhood kids aren't taking your mail to steal your identity. They're f*ing with you and you're playing right into their hands.
Facebook may not do well as a stock, but it's just like the 30 yr old living in your basement: broke and around indefinitely. Don't let negative comments hold you back from embracing FB!

Source: someecards.com via Joe on Pinterest


Some could say that I'm paranoid about some foods.

Are you paranoid of anything?

How do you get someone to embrace something new/scary and let go of a paranoid, worst-case-scenario expectation?

I have a rational fear of strangers (although I accidentally gave my number out to a stranger with a poetic post-it note), but maybe I should be more scared?

Don't worry, dad. I still don't broadcast my address, contact info or when the Mr.'s out of town :)