Here lies the contents of our small couch vacuum. Proof that 4 vacuums can barely compete with 2 cats.
The diamond part of the this post is for the Queen. The Today show is on in the background and they are all about the Queen's J-b'lee. It all seems so ridiculous. I mean, they even said the Queen doesn't like to do it, that she's private and shy in reality. So.... why, then?
And why are Americans interested in this? Let us not forget that we seceded from this monarchy. I could understand an hour special in honor of the Queen and her Diamond Jubilee, but hours of morning news TV?
The Mr. and I had our own public appearance this past weekend. There was a celebration, nee "jubilee", of a few "diamonds" we exchanged a year ago this past Sunday.
Happy Very First Anniversary, Mr. S.
Haha. And the Queen just woke up out of a trance after the national anthem. It appears she fell asleep with her eyes open and drifted off to something more exciting in her imagination. Let tradition go already. The Queen is bored out of her bejeweled gourd!
Here's what I speculate her inner monologue to be while 60 cannons, a few songs and some driving rain shock and entertain the crowd. Please read with a British accent.
Oh dear. As if the cannons going off sporadically for miles during my carriage ride weren't enough. I'm 86 and have been partying for days. The drizzle has turned to an outright rain and only I seem to notice. I wonder if I scowl the whole time if they'll let me go back in off this balcony early. Ah! Someone spelled jubilee wrong on their parade poster. Good show, young drunk, good show. I should hire you as a court jester. We could use a more laid back presence. Even Philip faked a bladder infection not to be here. He promised me next year that I could skip. He better not croak on me before I can make good on that deal. Blah blah blah, God save the queeeeen from this dreadful sceeeene!