Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Tipsy Tuesday: Sometimes You Feel the Need to Yee-Haw

I've revolted against the cow-patty-country way of some of my cohorts and vowed to be city-slicker-civilized-cynical against all things country.

But what the flip is wrong with pop music today? All the "shake that" and electronica is so abusive to my ears. Seriously, do the B.E.P. sing/rap/garbagenoise everything nowadays?!

The music. It turned me first and it has turned me again. Bands like The Band Perry, Lady Antebellum, and themanwiththebesthairI'veeverseenonamanorawoman: Keith Urban all do much to cross genres and please many of us.



The attitude. I have some difficult conversations and interactions coming up and instead of having my city blinders on, I should take a more relaxed approach and maybe put on the armour of "Bless 'er heart" to just fake my way through it. If it works, it works, right?


via

The decor. My friend Maddison asked me which would I choose for her new studio: a gray rug and a cowhide rug. I told her the gray rug because I didn't peg her for country. But looking at the pics on her blog have me "woo-ing" over the hide one. What do you think? Head to her blog to see the comparison and leave a comment weighing in.



The food. Cook with butter. Because fat is flavor and Paula Dean looks beautiful (and happy)!



And the drinks. Food and drinks are separate, yep. I've always loved beer. S wanted to head to Maria's, a local hole-in-the-wall, for a beer last night. Alas, I had already swapped respectable clothing and contacts for my new RayBan glasses and and eclectic pj combo, so I told him I'd concoct something fun at home. I found The Kicking Cow cocktail on an app. that tells you what drinks you can make with what you have in your liquor cabinet/fridge.

Equal parts:
whiskey
cream
maple syrup.

A diabetic, lactose intolerant nightmare, but I liked it.



The hand is mine, the foot is S's. I'm a bad iPhone photographer and he's a comedian.

So I stand corrected. Get your country-on.