Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

Flip-It Friday: READs

Ok, now that I am more mentally balanced than at the time of my last post, let's move on like nothing ever happened, shall we?

I found a new blog to read today. May I introduce you to Malori who also lives in Chicago and also has "Sunday" in her blog title like my friend Maddison. Which also starts with an M and who will be moving back to Chi-town soon. Neat! Two good Google Reader adds, people.

Anywho. Malori gave me an idea to share and talk with you about on this Flip-It Friday: Books.

Everyone should have a summer reading list. And, dare I say it, even S is sorta trying to become a reader. Blesshislittleheart.

So let's hear it. My summer reading list has included/will include/I recommend:

The History of Love by Nicole Krauss (Just finished and highly recommend!)

Hate, Friendship, Courtship, Loveship, Marriage by Alice Munro (eager to read this on a recommendation that everything she writes is beautiful)

The English Patient by Michael Ondaatje (read this last summer or winter, or 2 years ago. Either way, good)

Unaccustomed Earth by Jhumpa Lahiri (Golden-child writer. She could describe a kitchen for 300 pages and I'd interject: "Yes! I do smell the curry and feel the heat of the rice pot and see the stain on the ceiling!")

Freakonomics by Levitt and Dubner(both Steven/Stephen-s, this on is "on deck" for me)


(Yes, I stole that image from Amazon. I'm not even ashamed that is has the "look inside" tag on it. Or maybe I am. Either way, you get the point.)

What's your list?


Any recommendations?


Are you more of a magazine-on-the-beach kinda person?


Do you prefer used book shops like my beloved Myopic, Amazon, or the ever-decreasing traditional book store?