Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Ten Tips Tuesday: Haters (don't) Hate

I'm a double-bloggin' on Emily Henderson today (both my personal blog and this lil ditty.)

Emily suggested on her blog that we open our minds to wicker (which I personally already like). But then she also asked what other things we initially disliked but should keep our minds open to... what we said we'd never come around to but have maybe ended up liking.

Have you ever said "no" or "I don't like ___" to:

1) Leggings or Jeggings. I used to think they were a cop-out, but then I tried 'em. Now I'm a bah-leeevah.

2) Olives, black licorice, cilantro. I've once said no to all of them. But now I like each of them.

3) Primary colors. I know that I love secondary colors (teal, purple, orange, green, etc.) but yesterday I caught myself wearing a navy skirt, yellow sweater and red necklace...

4) The smell of coffee. Growing up I think I didn't like it because it meant that I had to get up for school soon. Now I would buy coffee perfume if they make it.

I don't care if it's mens perfume. I sometimes wear S's cologne and he's all like "mmm, what's that smell?" in a good way :)

5) The song Clumsy by Fergie. I remember saying that I disliked that song in college but then I found myself youtubing the song. I'm not a huge fan of the song currently, but it did capture my attention for a while.

6) The Harry Potter Series. I denied them in high school but then one of my very literary friends recommended them and I got to book 4 (which was all they had at the time) before wandering away. I am putting my foot down with Twilight though.

7) Democrats. I used to consider myself a Republican. I now consider myself post-partisan. Like a party should tell you what to believe...

8) The color pink. I used to be worried that it would make me too girly. I think pink is freshly transcendent now. You can quote me on that, yes sir!

via etsy.com

9) Beer. Now I love it in all kindas rich brews. My first dark-beer love? New Castle.

via

10) Going to church. I used to fight my parents every week to not go and now I feel cleansed when I do go. I listen to sermons online or do reading on my own to make up for the times I can't be there. I can't imagine my life without my church community. (Not that you need to attend a church to have a Godly community.)

[Disclaimer: I had a family emergency this week that caused this blog post to go up late. I was 1/2 way through when I had to leave work and go to the hospital. Everyone's gonna be alright and thanks for your prayers.]