I was so embarrassed when the dog I had in college chewed up my roommate's $20 decorative pillow.
Where am I going to get a spare $20? The horror!
I didn't have a credit card in college, worked low-paying jobs and grew up modestly so I didn't go to school thinking I was going to have cool stuff. Cool was deferred until... well.... I'm still waiting.
But now that I'm older, have a stable job, married to someone with a stable job and we have our finances under control, I can finally afford to get a few "cool" things for myself and my home.
News flash.
The new rug has been ruined by chew-fancy animals.
My new black pumps (bye, bye holes!) kill my feet.
I could pretty much go to dinner anywhere tonight (not NEXT though... still hoping for tickets!), but am going to cook a meal at home using ingredients under $20.
I'm thankful for the Mr.'s and my humble ideas about finances. We come from people who have no interest in accruing debt. Neither of us were interested in brand name clothes or lavish belongings. We have spent a few pennies on travel, but it's all in the budget and we do things like eat the free breakfast at the hotel to save money for other events.
Basically stuff is stuff. Cool is a facade. Family and experiences matter.
Do you feel pressure to keep up with your friends?
Now look at this face!
My Godson says: "Look at you. Thinking you hot and stuff. I know you can't afford those Jimmy Choos!"
