And they are dealing with things that some of us need to read about and commiserate with.
I had another gun ownership/control/regulation post all locked and loaded (very appropriate/inappropriate pun) spurred by this article and then I grew a heart and a brain and didn't post it.
I had the pleasure of talking with all of the men in my life in the past week or so. Great, long, wonderful conversations that made me so happy for the family I've been given.
Spanning life decisions, lessons and grievances, we talked about highlights and low-lights. And, all of these men being my *favorite* - no exception, I told one of them that when things get tough, I know that I can never do anything so drastic, so selfish as hurt myself or anyone else because of ...
them.
I have been lucky to see a counselor in my life and know that professional help is nearby, accessible and reasonably priced with my insurance. I have a short, but important list of people I can call and be a verbal nut-house to and know that they'll answer and say "mmm-hmm" even if they think I should be committed or slapped. I know that I am loved even when I screw up royally. I've walked into their arms, sobbing, for stupid reasons or no reason at all. And they don't laugh at me, or interrupt me when I'm rambling or tell me they have to go. I am so damn lucky.
So ask for help when you need it. And when you're doing well, reach out to someone and see if you can hug them, or listen to them, or commiserate with them. Make an anti-suicide pact - a promise to never give up on yourself or those who depend on you.
No one is an island. Thanks for connecting me to the mainland S, G, R and B.